Breakfast will be served from 7:40 a.m. – 7:55 a.m. Cost for K-6 grade students is $1.60 (full pay) or$.30 (reduced). Students qualifying for free lunches can also receive free breakfast. Adult price is $2.25. Government regulations require the student must have 3 of the 4 food choices on their tray. Of course, they can take everything that is offered if they want! Because we have a breakfast program this year, morning milk will not be offered. Students will be allowed to buy milk during the breakfast program. Cost for milk only is $.50.
Hot Lunch Program
Lunch prices are as follows: K-6 Students-full price meals: $2.50, reduced price meals: $.40. Students qualifying as free do not pay. Seconds for the main item is $1.50. All other 2nds or extra milk at lunch is $.50. Adult meals are $3.35. Seconds must be ordered and paid for when lunch count is taken. Students must keep their lunch accounts current. Accounts will not be considered current if they are more than 2 days past due. Once accounts are past due the child will not be served hot lunch.
- Always remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Follow all directives given by the bus driver and school personnel.
- Conduct on the bus is the same as in the classroom or building.
- No hitting, rough actions, physical abuse, inappropriate language,defiance of authority, throwing items, inappropriate gestures, possession of contraband is allowed.
- Stay on the sidewalk or loading zone until the bus has stopped when loading.
- Use the emergency door only in an emergency.
- Damaging or stealing items on the bus will be treated similar to the same offenses in the school building.
- Students must ride the bus they are assigned and extra passengers such as friends are not allowed on thebus without Administration approval.
Bullying is NOT Tolerated!
IN THE PAST YEARS THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS CASES OF SCHOOL THREATS AND VIOLENCE ON A NATIONAL LEVEL, AS WELL AS LOCALLY. OUR SCHOOL SHOULD PROVIDE A SAFE HAVEN FOR ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF. THE STUDENTS NEED TO REALIZE THAT AS A SCHOOL DISTRICT, ALL THREATS WILL BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AND ACTED UPON. THE STUDENTS NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT SAYING THEY WERE JOKING ABOUT MAKING A STATEMENT OR DIDN’T REALLY MEAN TO SAY WHAT THEY SAID IS NOT GOING TO BE ACCEPTABLE.
We have an abundance of lost items in our lost and found box. Please stop in and claim what might belong to you or your child. We encourage you to have your children mark his/her clothing for identification.
We ask your help with returning the Friday Folders. Please check the contents on Friday when your student brings the folder home and put the folder back into the backpack. We need all folders returned on Monday morning. Thank You!!
The school doors open at 7:45 a.m. and school begins at 8:05 a.m. School dismisses at 3:20 p.m. We encourage parents whose children do not ride the bus to pick up students promptly at 3:20 p.m.
Pick Up/Drop Off Zone:
When bringing students to school, we ask that you follow the arrows entering the south side and exit going north. Please use extreme caution and watch for children. If you need to leave your car to come into school, you may park in the stalls in front of the building. Do not leave your car in the drive-through arrow area. The safety of the students is our top priority. We appreciate your cooperation.
- When flowers/balloons are sent to a student for a special occasion they remain in the school office until 3:20 p.m.
- Flip-Flops and sandals are not acceptable for P.E. ~ Tennis shoes are necessary on those days. If students do not have on tennis shoes they will not be allowed to participate.
- Lakeview Community Schools Board Meetings are the second Monday of each month.
- After a child has been sent to the office twice (2) for discipline infractions there will be a conference with Student, Parent, Teacher, and Principal.
- The teacher will begin classroom instruction at 8:05 a.m. If you need to visit with the classroom teacher please do so before 8:05a.m.
- No object on desk tops other than books and necessary school items.
- Homework - if students’ assignments are late or incomplete the student will stay in for recess or after school until 3:35 p.m. that day. A pink slip will be sent home informing the parents that if the assignment is not completed by 8:05a.m. the next day the student will be after school until the assignment is complete. After the 3rd form of the quarter the parents will come in for a conference with the Teacher and the Principal.
- When you have school related concerns please visit with the classroom teacher first. If you are not satisfied with the teacher conference, then proceed to the Principal.
- When your child is absent because of sickness please call and inform the school before 8:30 a.m. or the school office will be contacting you. You can leave a message on the office voice mail in you want.
- Please read the Handbook with your child and return the loose leaf page in the back of the handbook by Friday, August 30. Please remember to sign and have your student sign.
- Emergency form information is very important especially whom the school is to call if we are unable to contact a parent. Please keep the information current. A white form is attached to return to school by August 30.
- We will be collecting Campbell Soup UPC’s, Box Tops for Education, Coke Rewards bottle caps, used ink cartridges, Land-O-Lakes milk lids, Super Saver Receipts, Best Yet UPC’s (from Super Saver) and aluminum pop cans. We would appreciate you saving these items for us.
- Current Federal regulations require all schools to inventory asbestos containing materials and develop a management plan to identify and control asbestos in school buildings. The presence of asbestos in a building does not mean that the health of the building occupant is necessarily endangered. As long as asbestos containing materials remain in good condition, and are not disturbed, exposure is unlikely. The plan is available for inspection to the public, teachers, and other personnel. The plan has been submitted to the Dept. of Health and Platte Center Elementary is in compliance with the current Federal regulations.
- Medication forms must be filled out completely before medication will be given by office personnel. (All medication must be turned in to the office to be stored).
Accelerated Reader Parent Guide
PowerSchool Single Sign on Instructions